Friday, December 10, 2010

Dorien and Kenny, March 20, 2010



Dorien and Kenny got married atop a hill, overlooking a canyon, facing west towards San Diego.

Dorien and I went to high school together, so it was an honor and a pleasure to officiate her wedding to her beloved Kenny. I had known Kenny over the years, and then, recently, I had been teaching them yoga in a small group so our relationship had deepened in that way.

D and K are one of those couples whose delight in one another is apparent quite from the start. It was simply my job (our task) to give it voice.

Gina gave my wife and I the exact ceremony that we conceived in our hearts. We couldn't have asked for anything better. We had a non-traditional wedding, and one of the major reasons why was we wanted a ceremony that would be specific to us and our love for each other. Gina gave us that and then some. She met with us several times and really got a sense of not only who my wife and I are as people, but why we wanted to get married to each other. That attention and understanding came through in a ceremony that was sincere, moving, loving, and all the things my wife and I see and feel for each other. Just amazing!

Kenny S