Friday, December 10, 2010

Nina and Tommy, September 24, 2010

Tommy and Nina came to me late in the game when they realized they wanted to re-envision their ceremony entirely. During our initial phone conversation I was able to get a sense of the general tone they were looking for, as well as a few principal elements. The wedding location itself was a key component, so we decided to meet at the site (a private estate in the Los Feliz hills). We met around the time that the wedding would be taking place, because the light itself was a significant character in the feeling they wanted to create. Immediately, I felt the warmth between them, and the sweetness of the day they were putting together. The ceremony was the crucial missing piece. There was such intimacy and authenticity in every element of their wedding, the ceremony had to align perfectly with their tone and vision. We began our conversation talking about the vows. What does it mean to 'avow' something--what did they truly want to say, both to each other and to themselves, about their deepest intention? After a few minutes, it was clear that we would work together--it was a fit. It ended up being quite a magical day.

From the bottom of my heart, let me start from the top and say: Gina took us on the shortest notice and spun it into grace. she took all of me in with pure insight. The service began with a guided meditation. I was grounded, and with Gina on my right and Tommy in front of me, I was sure I was in the most perfect space. Gina's sermon was poignant and she listened, illuminating truths that hadn't occurred to me. She saw me for me and anchored our happily-ever-after. I wouldn't have had it any other way. She is so committed to the service she provides. She brings grace, humility, refinement, consideration and dignity.
-Nina M.